- Cesky Krumlov is located in the Czech Republic.
- It is a Unesco world heritage site.
- It has a little over 14,000 residents.
- Parts of the illusionist and hostel were filmed here.
How to get there:
You can get a train from Prague (via české budějovice). the trip from Prague to český Krumlov is approx 3-5 hours. The trip from české budějovice to český krumlov is approx 45 minutes.
You can take buses from Prague (numerous each day) and buses are available from české budějovice at regular intervals.
Where to Stay:
$$$ – Money to Burn
$$ – Flashpacker
$ -Budget BusterS
Where to Eat:
There are over 80 restaurants in český krumlov. However if you only have time for 1 meal in český krumlov, go to:
Krčma v Šatlavské (Tavern in the dungeons)
Horní 157, entrance from v Šatlavské Ul. 38101 Český Krumlov Tel. 380 713344
tHE open air fire and our food being cooked at Krčma v Šatlavské
(I sat next to the open fire and watched my leg of pork roast away until ready – delicious)
U Dvau Maryi, Parkán Ulice (two blocks from the town square on the right, before the wooden bridge). Homemade delicacies made from old Medieval Czech recipes vegetarian options available.
Tourist Info – Infocentrum – email@example.com
Namesti Svornosti 1 (9am-8pm)
10 things to do:
- Visit Cesky Krumlov castle for the best views in town.
- Eat a leg of pork roasted over a roaring fire & drink beer or mead in the dark cavernous warmth of Krčma V Šatlavské
- Get a local to give you a guided tour of the town
- Go shopping for Christmas decorations or knik knacks in the gorgeous shops.
- Kayak, canoe, float, white water raft down or simply admire the Vltava river.
- Visit the Church of St Vitus – 15th century Gothic church
- Try traditional fare at U Dvau Maryi
- If you are feeling ghoulish, check out The Museum Of Torture Cnr Namesti Svornosti& Radnicni
- Check Out The Church Of St Jost
- If Beer Is Your Thing Check Out The Eggenberg Pivovary.
Festivals & Events
· Five-Petalled Rose Festival – June Summer Soltice. Medieval re-enactments including jousting & fencing.
· International Music Festival – July/August.
Useful Links/further research:
What’s Nearby :
- Sumava National Park
- Zlata Koruna (The Golden Crown)
- Hluboka Castle
- View of the Vltava River – Cesky Krumlov